Picture Perfect Monday #10

Another 3D piece for y’all here. This is a gargoyle that I did in my first year and, as unpromising at it started out, I really like it. I made it out of strips of modrock (basically a soft mesh covered in plaster) and built up the features by making ridges then filling them in or leaving them as they were. I painted it with acrylic paint, using the stipling technique. It hindsight, I would really like to change the background, but the actual gargoyle turned out great.


So today’s picture is of a Notre Dame gargoyle, in the media of modrock and acrylic on a sheet of roughly A2 cardboard. Enjoy.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s