Well, hello 2015. And with the New Year, comes the “New Me”. Now, some can get incredibly annoyed with all of the people heading to the gym, saying that this is “their year”, making promises to themselves that they just can’t keep and a month later, ending up just as they were before. I understand this. Hell, a lot of the time, I’m one of these people, but recently, I’ve had a change in perspective.
The thing is, I used to look at these people and roll my eyes at their inevitable failure whilst I did nothing. I did nothing to change myself, or to evolve, to improve. I complained about them and about my life, but I did jack about it.
The above notion all came to me when, whilst in the middle of a rant about New Year’s resolutions, this fact was pointed out to me and, I have to say, I couldn’t really argue. Yes, it happens every year and for the majority of the time, these people’s attempts don’t last, but at least they’re trying. At least they are actually making an effort to better themselves. And, yes, it all happens in the New Year, but we need the starting point. Why not now? It IS a new beginning, so why not make it count?
Honestly, it is really difficult to find the motivation to make a change when we’re in a routine, so getting ourselves out of that jut in any way whatsoever is great. It is positive. That’s what I need in my life and what everyone else, I bet, could use in theirs.
So, I’m going to give it a go. These are my 2015 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Save money- I want to do a hella lot of things in my lifetime, so in order to do those things, I need money.
- Get a job- Yeah, the idea of saving up is a good one, but I need income to fund that. (If you were even slightly interested, I’m hoping to get a job as a waitress to begin with. Bog standard, I know, but decent.)
- Not fail my exams- In fact, to get my predicted grades (all A*s, which, if I’m honest, is a little choking) would be even better, but I can only hope that I don’t fail, in French, at least.
- Grow my blog- It would be nice to get a few more followers, but still, I have big plans for my baby. Side note, I also want to be more productive creatively, and that kinda fits in here.
- Be happier- This is just a general reminder for myself to say yes to things that will benefit me and make me happy and no to things that will not. I have a real issue with saying no to people, and that can really drag me down.
There you go. 2015, Imma coming and I am, hopefully, going to be giving life a run for its money. I really hope you will too, so that we can all make this year a truly wonderful one.
Have a great day.